Our CliffCon® 8 pole connectors are intended for any application where a reliable, locking, touch-proof connector system is required and are ideal for lighting, chargers and instrumentation.
Rated maximum 30A 250V AC. These have a tough, durable construction with an easy locking mechanism, integral cable clamp and touch-proof contacts to EN60065, IEC348 and EN61010-1.
General features are similar to our 4 pole version. The 8 pole line connector is only available in a 90° black version. A dust cover is available for the chassis socket. Connections to the socket may be made by soldering or Faston receptacle and to the plug by soldering or screw.
Safety leading ground pin which makes first and breaks last to prevent damage from arcing if disconnected under load.
- Faston® quick disconnect on panel mounting socket.
- Choice of flat head screw / washer or solder tag connections in cable plug.
- Integral cable clamp for 6 to 15mm diameter cable.
- Panel mounting connector is airtight.
- Plug and socket mated meets IP55 minimum.
- Rated Current: 8 pin 10 A RMS @ 80°C, 15 A RMS @ 20°C, (same current on all 8 pins flowing through both plug and socket).
- Rated Voltage: 250 V AC maximum.
- Contact Resistance New: < 8 mΩ.
- Capacitance between Terminals: < 3.5 pf.
- Insulation Resistance: > 20 MΩ @ 1000 V.
- Inrush Current: > 30 A / 20 mS.
- Operating Voltage: -20 °C to +80 °C.
- Recommended Wiring: pin 1 designated for earth .
- Contacts: tin plated.
- Maximum Wire Size: 6 mm² / 10 AWG (solid); 4 mm² / 12 AWG (stranded).